Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Small Talk with Shawn Smith

      Shawn Smith of Jacksonville, Florida committed to Texas A&M this spring. Smith is rated as a 3-star prospect and the 30th best point guard in the class of 2012. Smith is one of five player Billy Kennedy has signed for next year. I talked with Shawn today, here is our conversation:
           Joseph Thompson:What made Texas A&M standout? 
           Shawn Smith: My relationship from my recruiter, Coach Sip, and Coach Kennedy, and once I committed I got so much love from the fan base and future teammates/family. That made me sign my LOI.
             JT: Did you visit?
            SS: I didn't. I know the campus is great. My main goal was developing trust with everyone and I feel that I've reached that goal.
            JT: Who played the biggest role in your decision making process?
            SS: My Mom. She loves the coaching staff and felt it was a good fir for me.
            JT: When did Texas A&M start talking to you?
            SS: Last year.
            JT: Do you think your style of play will fit into Coach Kennedy's offense?
            SS: Certainly, I watched a few games last year.
            JT: What are your goals for freshman year?
            SS: Get that NCAA title. Shock the world after we're conference champions.
            JT:   Any other goals for your college career?
            SS: Become a better player, mature my game, and be able to play on the next level.
            JT: When will you arrive on campus?
            SS: 29th of this month. (May)

1 comment:

  1. Shawn and this recruiting class will take A&M further than any other team. On another note, so glad to see SEC coverage for the Aggies, Gig'em.

    ReplyDelete