Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Small Talk With Michael Frazier

     Michael Frazier is ranked and the 18th best shooting guard in the 2012 class by Rivals.com. I recently spoke with Frazier, here is what he had to say:
    Joseph Thompson: You committed over a year ago. What made you want to commit so early?
     Michael Frazier: I was born in Gainesville and I have a  lot of family there, so it was kind of like going back home. Plus, I have wanted to play there since I was 5.
     JT: Billy Donovan simply wins. How big of a factor was that in your decision?
     MF: It was a huge factor. I want to win and I know he will push me to my limits to make me the best play that I can be. He demands the best from his players, his staff, and himself.
     JT: Who played the biggest role in you decision making process?
     MF: My parents because they supported me in making my decision so early.
     JT: What are your goals for your freshman year?
     MF: I want to work hard and fight for playing time and make a run deep in the tournament.
     JT: What are your goals for your college career?
     MF: Win a national championship and get my degree.
     JT: How do you feel about the fellow members of the class of 2012 for Florida?
     MF: I feel very comfortable with them because we all have a good relationship already and I know that they will come in and work hard and we will be able to push each other.
     JT: Are you looking forward to playing with Kasey Hill again in another year?
     MF: Yes, we had a lot of success in high school.
     JT: Do you think you played a role in Kasey Hill committing to Florida?
     MF: Yes, I tried to get him to come because I think we will make a great 1-2 combination because we had so much success in high school.
     JT: What was Coach Donovan's biggest pitch?
     MF: He just wants the best out of his players and he is a proven winner.
     JT: Who is your favorite Florida player of all-time?
     MF: Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem because they play for the Heat, my favorite team.

1 comment: